Thursday, January 19, 2006

Don't Give Up On Me!!!

For those of you who think I've died, I just wanted to confirm to you that I am still well and breathing. I'm starting to get frantic notes in my e-mail inbox inquiring as to whether I have been kidnapped by government agents, but alas, I am alive and well and now back in Tucson. Bah humbug...

The good news? I am taking fewer credits this semester and the weather here still rocks. (I have already been swimming outside multiple days since I've been back...)

The bad news? I still don't really like anyone in my lame department, and my closest friend here (Shauna) has all but evaporated with the discovery of her new Siamese-twin boyfriend, also known as Rouzbeh (pronounced Rooz-bay... it's Persian). Miguel is now calling Shauna "Rouz-babe." Indeed.

So now it's just me, my old teddy bear, and my computer on Friday and Saturday nights. Yes, how insanely crazy and wild my college life is! I have decided to focus on getting in serious shape this semester by varying my work-out routine from just swimming. I'm adding weight-lifting and doing the eliptical trainer for at least 30 minutes as well, and so far I feel very healthy!

Miguel also bought me an MP3 player for Christmas, and I made use of it tonight at the gym. Definitely an added plus to any work-out.

I'm also seriously into watching "Project Runway" -- what a great TV show. Not only is it reality TV (my personal favorite genre... how embarrassing to admit), but it involves people with creativity and talent! How marvelous! BTW, my favorite designer is Daniel V. (with the longish hair and big nose) --- always tailored and classic. He is the best...

I used to be really into the show "Lost," but it's just really jumping the shark this year. The new characters, the opening of the hatch... all lame. My mom told me she watched an episode last week (with Mr. Eko's story) and said that his intense facial expressions through every single scene annoyed her to no end, and she said she didn't know how he didn't just burst out laughing during the filming b/c it was all so ridiculous. I had to agree in retrospect.

Nothing more to report. Just living life as a hermit... waiting for spring 2007 to arrive and my escape from Tucson...
Cheeri-o,
Kit

No comments: