Saturday, January 21, 2006

Sitting in my chair all day & night

Hello, lameness. I have been attached like glue to my olive green, $9.99 plastic chair from IKEA for approximately 12 hours. It looked like a beautiful day outside, from what I could see through my vertical blinds. Too bad I was fixated in front of this damn machine, reading an exceedingly long chapter of the QURAN and assessing its legal and ethical injunctions. Oh, and as my professor asked, also feeling free to comment on any verses that fell outside of that binary framework. Huh? Yeah, huh. And as an additional treat I also got to spend 2.5 hours reciting (in Arabic) on my little webcam a minute and a half monologue about some guy named Khalid who "dekheltu koolayit ettajara" -- entered business school. Thrill a minute my life is. I realized something was really wrong when I drove over to my department's building tonight to drop off my 6-page Quranic paper and couldn't find parking anywhere. Finding this odd (one can usually find parking next to the building in the evenings), I completely illegally parked in a construction zone and walked toward the building. In so doing, I ran into a number of 20-something young females all decked out in tight jeans, hoochie tops, UGG boots (frankly, the uniform around this place), and loads of make-up, and suddenly remembered that it was Saturday night. My outfit? Pajama pants, long sleeve t-shirt that I slept in last night, an old blue sweatshirt, thick navy socks with the Grinch on both sides, Speedo slide-on sandals, and no bra. Oh, and might I mention that I haven't even combed my hair today. God, I'm hot.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Please find for your enjoyment, a new entry on my blog. :)