Sunday, June 25, 2006

A Euro Sort of Weekend

So it's the end of the weekend, and I'm a few hundred dollars poorer...

That's actually a good thing though because I spent all day yesterday shopping in Takoma Park (DC's liberal hippy haven) with my mom and had a great time. As my velociraptor feet are most difficult to accomodate in standard American women's shoes, I tend to shop for flat, European shoes that are made for walking, and I found the most incredible shoe store in Takoma Park that only carries European brands! I ended up walking out of there with three pairs of shoes, all of which were supremely comfortable, cute, and better yet 1/2 price!! Bargain city...


I bought this pair, except that the leather on mine is a cream color (with the same burgandy soles).

We also ended up finding this amazing game store, where I bought two new games to add to my collection...

The card game"Fluxx," with all kinds of bizarre rule changes throughout playing...



... And "Metro," where you try to beat your opponent in building the French metro rail system...

My mom and I tried this one out, but we were really struggling, as both of us are fairly "spatially" challenged.


I totally love playing games, at least almost as much as I like buying fun European shoes.

Oh, speaking of European, the Euros seem to be dominating the World Cup so far. Miguel and I went to a bar this morning to watch England squeak past Ecuador to make it to the next round. Miguel is now watching the Portugal-Netherlands game, but I'm a bit soccer'ed out at the moment!!

Anyway, it's been a great weekend (including a truly gourmet dinner party Friday night at Marianne and Patrizio's place... thank you, M & P!... which featured filet mignon, cheesy polenta, pear & blue cheese salad, delicious homemade Venezuelan flan, and loads of first-rate champagne and wine... just one small perk when you have two friends in the wine importing business... oh, I feel soooo lucky!).



Bollinger champagne... my favorite... and James Bond's too apparently.

That's it for now... will try to write later this week... so in true Euro form... CIAO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 friends in the wine business...don't forget about me!
:)

Chickytava said...

Oyyy, sorry, P!!! :-)