Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Groundhog Day

My life:

6:30 am: Wake up, run comb through hair, brush teeth, throw on outfit
6:50: Run to shuttle bus (literally)
7:10: Catch metro train
7:45: Bus to work
8:15 - 5:30: Life in cubicle hell, staring at a computer screen and bathing in florescent light, losing my tan with each passing second, dreaming of independent wealth
5:45 - 7pm: The above commute in reverse
7:30: Work out on the elliptical, shedding the weight I've gained while sitting motionless and soulless all day
8:30pm - Read my latest book, Dorian Gray, while perching on the couch and trying to block out the sound of the Hispanic announcer's annoying voice commentating on the most recent World Cup game
11pm - Bed.

Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Don't you envy me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...Oscar Wilde. He's my favorite.

I hear you. I'm back on that train next week.