Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Babies and Single Life

In homage to all of my procreating friends, today is "baby appreciation day..."

Here are the four latest photo updates I've gotten from girl friends turned moms... oh my god, are we really old enough for this?

Carson Forkner, son of Jo & Mark

I try not to be sappy, but this pic is just too cute.

Zosia Milauskas, daughter of Rick & Victoria

One of my best friends from junior high has THREE kids now, and Zosia's the littlest (and the only girl...)

Nathan & Thomas Smith, kids of Steph & Dave

I love this picture... yes, Nathan looks endearing, but I smell trouble ahead for little Thomas.

Newest addition... Jack Schwartz, son of Kelly & Josh

He looks really good for being born a month early and in the ICU!
CONGRATS KEL & JOSH!!!!!

Meanwhile, as for me, I am still living exactly the same way as I was ten years ago... went to happy hour last Monday night with my friends Meg, Sara, and Sue. Downed a strong vodka-infused champagne cocktail, then washed that down with a glass of wine. Laughed drunkenly for several hours while chatting with the ladies...

Friday night met Miguel for drinks after work and enjoyed a nice crisp Virginia lager at the Union Pubhouse in Alexandria.

Hosted a mini-dinner party last Saturday night... made homemade pizza (even the crust!) and guzzled down a bottle of red wine on my own since everyone else was either not drinking (pregnant) or drinking beer.

Next day went tubing on the Potomac River (not drinking... mildly hungover in the sun)... plummeted down a mini-waterfall and got a nose-ful of water. Fun!!!

This Friday... more drinking with my engaged but childless friend Mary after work.

And tonight --- PROJECT RUNWAY!!! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!

This was my favorite last week:

Honestly I'm not sure I'd ever really wear this, unless of course, I was lounging around in James Bond's 007 private jet, but it's so clean & sexy that it just says kitten all over it... grrrrr.

And my vote for the worst:

Blech!!! This really should have been the big loser. It was so messy and layery and busy and unflattering. One great big yuck from this judge... go away, chinless designer Jeffrey!

OK, must go now... will try to update again soon!!!

1 comment:

sammie said...

I just wanted to say that I love your blog. WItty and funny, and u made me laugh. Here's to raising a glass to us single girls out there living life. =)