Monday, July 03, 2006

A Rather Unhealthy Weekend

After swimming out of the buckets-full of rain we received here in DC last week, my friends Sara, Meg, and I headed to the beach last Saturday for a vintage bathing suit fashion show that our other friend Hilary was in charge of organizing. (More on it all later when I have time to hook up my camera to the computer).

However, very briefly, we dined on Maryland fried chicken, enjoyed the full sunshine, and nearly roasted alive in the 90-plus degree heat (although I am not complaining, given that it's like 110 or something insane such as that in Tucson right now...).


Fried Chicken = Fat Stickin' (on my thighs)

We also shopped on the mini-boardwalk in Chesapeake Beach, and I indulged in buying more than $10 worth of "penny candy" like taffy and caramels (which I have not finished eating, BTW).


Oh, so tasty, although I concede that "Boyer's Peanut Butter Cups" can't hold a candle to Reese's... what with the plasticky chocolate flavor of the cheap peanut butter cup imposter

Then yesterday, Miguel and I took our marathon "John Wilkes Booth Escape Route" tour (8 am until 10 pm) and rode in a massive tour bus all over eastern Maryland and Virginia with our 83-year old Marine Corps Drill Sergeant military historian guide with a bunch of old tourists and chubby couples.


All Aboard... Calling all Geriatrics and Plumpies!!!

Actually, it was a lot of fun... and I tried Maryland fried flounder for the first time at Captain Billy's Crab Shack. (Yes, two fried Maryland foods two days in a row does not lead to a trim waistline, I know... and let's not even discuss the penny candy again...) I will discuss this whole trip later when I get my photos to upload, as we took a number of good pictures of the day!


Fried Flounder = Some Extra Pounders (again on my thighs)

Today I worked and got out early at 3:30, rode the bus to my mom's (where again, I was the only English speaker and sat next to a Central American woman wearing the tightest jeans I have ever seen in all of my life), and now am planning to have some sangria with my mother, who is off work today.



Come to mama...

Tomorrow I shall shamelessly lie around the entire day, paint my toenails, and perhaps go with Miguel to our friends Nichole & Luis's house for a BBQ later in the evening. Sans fried food of course.

No comments: