Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Still Alive

I have a feeling that I have lost my readership. After working so hard at school last semester, procrastinating and loafing around my apartment writing blogs, I am really letting you all down now. Of course, even at my pinnacle last spring, I only had about ten regular readers, but still...

So here's the scoop: I am still working. Working and blogging don't mix. I am still taking public transportation. This chops into my free time in a fairly serious way. And I like to work out at the gym after work... more free time minimization. Not to mention, I have a rather busy social life... (YAAAYY!!) that also keeps me busy in my off-hours.

These are the highlights of late (mostly upcoming adventures):

1. My last day of work is August 11, then I'm taking a week of vacay, and then it's back to the pizza oven known as Tucson.



Bwaaahhhhaaaahhaaaahaaa... I will scorch you, o people of Tucson!

2. I was supposed to be going to Atlanta last weekend with my friends Laura and Jen to visit our other college friend, Kelly, for a mini college reunion/baby shower, but Kelly's water decided to break at Babies R Us on July 1, and now she has a newborn son (welcome to the world, Jack Schwartz!) and doesn't want visitors. Sad face for missing my friends. Happy face for KC & Josh.


This translates as "For Babies' Explosive Water Breaking"

3. The newest vacation plans involve a drive to western Ohio on the weekend of August 5-6 to attend my other college friend Melissa's wedding. Melissa is, aside from being generally hilarious, a rather unorthodox and independent person, and so she has planned a wedding reception in the barn of her parent's farm, complete with hay bale pews, a baklava wedding cake, and a crocheted dress purchased on the Spiegel catalog for under $70. Not to mention, she loves to drink and has encouraged people to wear shorts at the wedding (although sitting on a hay bale in shorts doesn't mix in my opinion, but then again, I have sensitive skin)... so it should be a rather raucous party.

4. I am also hoping to visit my friend Steph, her husband Dave, and their two boys, Nathan (age 18 months) and Thomas (born this past Cinco de Mayo!), at their beach house in North Carolina the week before I come back to school...


Insert Kit and Miguel.

and finally...

5. "Project Runway" starts tonight!!!!! I am ecstatic, of course. My mom and I are going over to my friend Jen's house to watch it tonight over a Mexican dinner that she's cooking. Ole!!!


I'm already salivating at the thought of Michael Kors's total judging bitchiness!

And on that note, and with relatively little humor this evening for the sake of time, I say (like Heidi Klum)... auf wiedersehn...

1 comment:

Lovey said...

ah! i've never watched Project Runway before, but am going to start this season. so far i saw the "Road to the Runway" and am already *hating* myself for missing the first two seasons.

i am rooting for Angela, though, since she's like BFF with a girlfriend of mine. hopefully when i watch the DVR'd 1st ep, i won't find that she's been booted.