Friday, June 08, 2007

Diego's Drug Binge

I have a short but amusing anecdote today.

I was babysitting this morning, and I was coloring in a "Dora the Explorer" coloring book with the 4-year old girl...


She insisted on coloring every square inch of the page, often ruining my perfectly decorated creations.

We were coloring a picture of Dora's male friend Diego, when she demanded to color in the whites of his eyes.

She chose the color pink to surround his green eyes (colored by me).

While she was coloring, I muttered: "Oh look! Isn't that cute! Diego now looks like he's been on a crazy, all night drug binge."...


About a minute later she stopped coloring, looked at the picture and said: "I'm a good colorer. And Diego looks like he's been on a drug binge..."

I laughed out loud on the inside... then found myself hoping she never repeats that to her parents.

2 comments:

George said...

Thank you for your kind words on our blog! We would love to see you next time you are in town. Look for our Greece pictures month. :)

THE BEST FRIEND said...

You can come babysit me any time!