Monday, June 04, 2007

Pool Fun, Game Time and Twin Peaks... What a Difficult Life.

I'm too tired to blog properly this evening.

My day was amazingly difficult.

I spent this morning babysitting. I have the four year old sister to watch now too, and she's learning to swim so the mom has asked me to work with her in their pool. I know, tough life... getting paid to play in the pool and sunbathe, and as you all know, I just hate swimming... ha!

I'll bring my camera later this week so I can record some stellar shots of me laid out on their life-size alligator raft. I get the feeling her parents don't exactly play with her in the pool so I've become the fun pool person -- doing flips, dives, somersaults, and carting her around on my back as "the dolphin." Not a bad way to earn an hourly wage...

I met J & K and A & H for lunch at "Chopped" afterwards and enjoyed a spinach salad then hung out at home for a bit before heading over to J & K's for "board game/Twin Peaks evening," which featured a fun-filled hour of their new game, "Citadels"...

So fun! So fun! (I'm even going back tomorrow to play round two!)

Then more people showed up, and we watched Episodes 1 & 2 from Season One of Twin Peaks.

Despite the warnings of "you will hate it," I still continued to enjoy it a lot...

... even all the dwarfish weirdness.*

* = Dear me. This marks the second time in a row on my blog that I have mentioned dwarfs. Or should I say "Little People"? Is that the new PC term?

PS - And if you're a Harry Potter fan (or even if you're not), you must, I repeat, you must go here to check out the Onion's latest coverage on what's going to happen in the next book. Hilarity ensues...

No comments: