Monday, February 27, 2006

Rhett Butler... or is it Beutler?

I'm really short on time tonight because I'm supposed to be writing an Islamic Law paper that is due on Thursday. You don't even want to know the topic because it will bore you to tears (analyzing Ibn Rushd's book, The Distinguished Jurist's Primer, and the opinions of early jurists concerning marriage and whether certain jurists' opinions agreed with certain other schools' eponyms... I have to look that one up in the dictionary... and we were given a hint by our teacher that "Dawud is a Zahirite but al-Zuhri is not" -- oh, that's very helpful indeed!) Didn't I tell you that it was boring? And dreadful to write about as well...

Therefore, I must go soon to get started on writing this B.S. nightmare, but first I had to draw your attention to something absolutely hilarious that I found in the rodeo program yesterday. So here I was browsing through my $5.00 program last night in bed before going to sleep, and I came across these two photos of a father and son who are involved in the horse breeding business for rodeo, which apparently involves some very big money. However, look at the son's name on the right:


Did Bennie and his wife really mean to exact cruel and unusual punishment on their offspring?

I wonder if it's pronounced Rhett "Byute-ler" or Rhett "Boot-ler" or god forbid, Rhett "But-ler." Although maybe it's better to be Rhett "But-ler" than Rhett "Byute-ler." Oh, and maybe his girlfriend is Scarlet O'Harrison...

Here's that other Rhett:

The original.

No comments: