Thursday, January 25, 2007

Another Night Out in T-town

Last night I met Ingrid and her old friend, Simon, out for drinks again. It was Simon's last night in town because he returned to Chicago today. He was here for a conference on theoretical astrophysics, AKA "cosmology"...


Let's not confuse this with cosmetology, please...


We had a few cocktails before Ingrid had to go home, leaving Simon and me to our own devices. That device was called "red wine."

Here's Simon paying the tab...

I told him he looked like Harry Potter. He said everyone tells him that.

And that was the evening. I have class all afternoon today, then I will be studying for an Arabic quiz this evening and watching the "Office," which I have become totally hooked on. I loved the British version so was rather skeptical of the US version, but I've been very pleasantly surprised at the good humour/humor!

I have to head to class now. Sionara...

2 comments:

JC said...

Oh man, I can't see the pics. Bummer. I wanted to see this Harry Potter impostor.

I too was skeptical of the American "Office" at first, but it totally won me over. I love both versions.

JC said...

Damn, he does look like Harry Potter.