Monday, January 15, 2007

Dream Jobs

So I think I've found my dream job...

Job Title: Writer/Researcher, People.com TimeWarner DivisionTime Inc.
Location
United States - New York - New York
Requisition #
70256BR
Position Type:
Full Time

Job Description

People.com is looking for a talented, enterprising individual to help run and maintain a online database of celebrities, a body of information that covers celebrities' lives, loves and careers. This person should be equally gifted as a writer and a researcher, since the job will entail keeping track of changes in celebrities' lives, knowing which changes are important enough to be included in the database, knowing which celebrities should be added to the database, and writing exciting copy describing those changes and additions.


Qualifications:

2-4 years experience as a writer, reporter or researcher in celebrity journalism, online or in print. This person will need strong organizational skills, a working knowledge of the celebrity world and an ability to work independently. While this position reports to the database editor, it comes with a great deal of creative freedom, and it needs to be filled by someone who can handle that responsibility.


People.com?!?!? Celebrity database? Working knowledge of the celebrity world? I read Perez Hilton, I read Gawker, I read Go Fug Yourself... sign me up!

Alas, if only I could survive on a jobette (my "Sniglets" definition: a fun and totally non-serious job without a great deal of responsibility or earning power, which requires its possessor to obtain some form of supplemental income, such as a wealthy spouse), I would apply to this position in a heartbeat. But sadly, I am my sole breadwinner, and I somehow suspect this position pays beans. Damn.


On a brighter note, seeing as I am on the cusp of total unemployment in only four months' time, I ordered these absolutely adorable Camper shoes on the internet last week (with a $20 discount coupon!), and they arrived today. They fit like a glove and are now my cutest, favorite shoes in my closet...


As a counterbalance to the cynicism with which I just regarded my potential soon-to-be unemployment, I should note that I also applied for a local job today... as a babysitter.

There was an advertisement on the student job link through UA in which a professor was looking for someone to watch her three month old daughter two days a week... so I called about the position. I have an interview with the mom on Friday, and if all goes well, I might be working Tuesday/Thursday mornings this semester! Of course, I had to admit that I had not babysat in about 12 years, but she seemed positive about the fact that I was over 30...

I am reaching a true point of regression in my life... bar hopping and babysitting all in one weekend! YES!!!

2 comments:

Italianissima said...

Don't feel bad. There is a good chance that I may quit my job to watch my new niece/nephew 18 hrs a week when my sister in law goes back to work in July. Good to see my many degrees are being put to good use :)

JC said...

Wow, that does sound like a cool job. Why is it that so many cool jobs don't pay crap?

I can't believe you said sniglet. I thought my mother and I were the only people on the planet who had used that word in the last year. I used to have a sniglet book when I was a kid, it's probably around this rat nest in a box somewhere.

Good luck with the babysitting interview. Tip: don't be drunk at the interview.