Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Happy 2007!!!

Without a doubt, this has been the laziest two weeks of my entire life, and New Year's Eve marked the ultimate culmination of inactivity. I lounged all day long on New Year's Eve day, mostly sitting around watching football games and playing video games at Miguel's house, only leaving the residence to hit the gym for 45 minutes.


Miguel's brother bought Playstation's "Guitar Hero," and I've been mildly obsessed with perfecting Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" and "War Pigs"...

In the words of Ozzy: "Heavy boots of lead.... Fills his victims full of dread... Running as fast as they can... Iron man lives again!"

The truth is I really hate New Year's Eve. My best friend Jojo and I call it "amateur night" because all the bozos who don't go out throughout the year come out in droves for New Year's, and all the pre-paid events are inevitably massive let-downs.

The best solution is a house party with close friends, but since all my friends around here are either pregnant or have recently birthed children, this option was obsolete this year. Therefore, I decided that it would be most fun to hang out at home, order pizza, watch Dick Clark's special, and drink as much champagne as possible in a two hour time period. Did I mention that champagne is my favorite alcoholic beverage after a White Russian?

The combination of pizza, champagne, Dick Clark, and Black Sabbath guitar solos made for quite the interesting ringing in of 2007... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

JC said...

Nothing wrong with lazy.

When I was in college there was a local radio station that took requests for an hour each night. It was easy to get through on the phone because it was a small town, and we would call up and request "Iron Man" all the time!

I've heard that Guitar Hero is fun. I read on someone's blog that some friends of theirs got it and brought it to a party. Even the people who rolled their eyes at it and the people who had never played a video game in their lives now love it. Their group of friends are now Guitar Hero maniacs.