Monday, January 29, 2007

Catching Up

It's been a while since I've actually updated anything really going on in my life... so here it is:

1. I got the babysitting job that I interviewed for last week, and I start tomorrow morning at 9am. I'll be watching three month old Serena every Tuesday and Thursday until noon. I'm actually really excited because she's a super cute baby, and it will be fun to play with her for a few hours every week. BTW -- big thanks to Mack for giving me a good recommendation!!

2. My new neighbor, the silent invisible girl, remains fabulously quiet. I just thought about Sid & Nancy tonight as I was reading about Umayyad palaces for my art class... and I thought about how much noise they would have been making if they still lived there, what with their rabbit-like copulation habits, constant passageway smoking, and punk rock music. Ahhhh, silence is indeed golden.

3. I talked to Paola this weekend, and we chatted about her upcoming visit to Tucson at the end of February. I'm very excited, P!!! I am working on a Superduper Southwest Agenda!

Here we are circa 2003:

Our former Southwest party spot... Vegas.

4. I bought my Spring Break ticket to Seattle. I know, I know... Seattle for Spring Break when I live next to Mexico? Well, yes. Mexico turns into a cesspool during Spring Break, and I am running away from it. I'm actually going to visit Jojo, where I will finally see her baby, Carson, who is now an unbelievable ten months old. I'll be there right before his first birthday, but rumor has it he's already walking. I think I'm in for an interesting few days!



I'm also hoping to spend some quality time with Kelley & Sean too...

... who hopefully won't be teaching ski lessons the entire time I'm there!!

I'm actually only staying for a long weekend and then will fly back to Phoenix, where I'm going to stay with my mom's cousin at her house up in Prescott (in the mountains) for the rest of the week before returning to Tucson.

5. I talked to my niece, Isabella, today. She's in DC, visiting my mom right now with my brother.



Our conversation went something like this:

I: Hi, Kit.
K: Hi!! What are you doing?
I: I'm making a puzzle.
K: Cool... what's on the puzzle?
I: Hello Kitty.
K: Oh, I love Hello Kitty. She's the greatest!
I: (silence)
K: Is your dad being bossy with the puzzle?
I: Yes.
K: I know. He's a very bossy person.
I: Mmm hmmm.
K: So what did you do today?
I: (silence)
K: (waiting)
I: J.J. (the Cabbage Patch Doll) is wearing pants.
K: Oh, are you putting her in her pajamas soon?
I: No.
K: Is she wearing her travel gear for the airplane ride tomorrow?
I: Yes.
K: So she can just sleep in that.
I: Mmm hmmm.

And that was about it. I think she got distracted with the puzzle again.

6. I'm still job hunting yet I don't have a freaking clue what I really want to do. This is a slight problem.

7. Oh, yes... speaking of lost and uncertain -- I guess I should finally unveil the "what should I do with my hair?" poll results!!

Out of 30 total votes:
60% very short
13.3% sort of short
26.7% bob
0% shoulder length

For the record, Laura informed me that she wanted to vote for the shoulder length style, but apparently that photo of me was so totally heinous that she couldn't bring herself to cast a vote in that direction. To be honest, I thought the same thing after putting up the picture, but it was too much work to find and crop and post a better photo.

But wow, 0%. That's one ugly picture....

Please, shield your eyes! I'm hideous!

Oh, and BTW, I got my hair cut & colored with my wonderful, gay Jim at Cost Cutters last weekend, and I feel much better about my hair. It's pretty much at "sort of short" right now, but the color livens it up a bit. I might do something a little crazy with it all next time. We'll see.

8. I saw Pan's Labyrinth last weekend with Shauna. To sum it up: graphic, tragic, dark, freaky, scary, bizarre, sad, shocking, and really really really good. See it!!!

9. Thanks to Ingrid, who recently loaned me the DVD of Season One of The Office, I have been frightening my neighbors with my howler monkey cackles of hysteria throughout the day and night. As I said, I watched the British version a couple years ago and didn't even want to give the US version a chance. (Yes, I can be one of those annoying Anglophile idiots every now and then.) However, the US version is just as funny and possibly even more so. My favorite episode thus far is "Diversity Day." I actually laughed out loud on my bike on Friday when I was thinking about it.

This is the best scene. Ever....


And that's it for now. Look for my update tomorrow about my first babysitting gig in, ummm, yeah, like 12 years...

3 comments:

JC said...

Good luck with the babysitting!

Quiet rocks. I was so happy with how much quieter my world got when I moved from an apartment to a house.

I watched season 1 of The Office on DVD last fall. I had watched them when they originally aired, but when I watched them all together I noticed more just how much Michael hates Toby. So funny. And Dwight is genius! Or should I say Dwigt? My favorite line is when Packer comes in and says: "What's up, my nerds?"

laughingrid said...

Congrats on the babysitting gig, Kit!
I knew you'd get it, because I've always been your biggest flan.

Italianissima said...

I can't wait to visit!!! Tuscon Rodeo here we come!