Thursday, July 05, 2007

A Night of Gladiator Jousting

I spent yesterday afternoon drinking, eating, and jousting (hmmm, sounds a lot like "Medieval Times," doesn't it?)

After meeting Ingrid, Joe, and Jordy at the "The Greens" for a few hours for beer and ribs, I made my way over to Brandon & Andy's house for their 4th of July "American Gladiator" jousting tournament.

Here is a photographic sampling of the event:

Brandon vs. Erin (top woman gladiator)

Frankly, I hoped to earn that title for myself, but our mathematician friend Sooz (who stands nearly a foot shorter than myself -- which I mistakenly believed would give me the advantage of leverage) beat me after two ties and a win for each of us. So much for leverage... she knocked me over fair and square in our final fight.

This was the grand finale of the tournament...

Aleks vs. Boris (Aleks won after knocking Boris flat on his back onto the beam, which we all feared momentarily might paralyze him for life... especially after hearing the sound of bone crash onto the wood... CRACK!) Luckily, Boris was fine. Although he did lose the round, and Aleks was the named grand champion.

After enjoying homemade pit-smoked barbecue, it was time for another contest...

... the ice cream making championship!

Brandon's girlfriend made coffee ice cream and Alek's fiancee made praline ice cream. In order to determine the supreme chef, it came down to a taste test with the three judges above.

Kat won 2-1 for her coffee confectionery...

... and was presented by Andy with the trophy for 2007 Dessert Queen. (Nice cameo, Brandon... you look a little bit like a Peanuts character!)

And that was the night... until I came home and found an ugly surprise waiting for me...

TO BE CONTINUED...

4 comments:

Laura said...

What? What? You can't just leave us hanging like that!

Chickytava said...

You'll find out Friday!

bjswift said...

Awesome, I'm in all of the pictures today! That is, if you count the fact that my heart and soul went into the coffee stout beer that is flavoring the ice cream that they are enjoying.

Oh yeah, the coffee stout is ready. I forgot to have you try some of that...

JC said...

An ugly surprise? Eww. Did teh wart come back?