Sunday, February 18, 2007

Another Raucous Friday Night

Our friend Ash was in town this past weekend, and I have to say, it was a non-stop party Friday night. So I'm going to be short on words and heavy on pictures because, well, I guess they really do say a thousand words...

Meeting spot = No Anchovies outdoor patio under the heat lamps.
Attendees = Just about everyone I know, except Ingrid (on her belated honeymoon) and Anna (nursing Alex who was home sick).

Here was part of the crowd...

Nichole, Andy, Jordy, and Katie.

More of the crowd...

Astronomy guy who went to Swarthmore (forget his name right now), Katie's twin sister Becky (visiting from Michigan), Nichole, back of Andy's head, and D. I have no clue who the woman in the mouse fur cap is.

A girl I don't know, John, Luke, Ash, & Greg...


Gerry & me...

Some guy told me I looked like a librarian that night. I wasn't sure that was a compliment or an insult. He insisted it was a compliment, but guys say the dumbest things sometimes. I guess it was the blazer and glasses. I think I look a little like a large rabbit in this picture.

Here are Swarthmore guy and D...

Please note D's sneer. He's showing off the tooth he wishes to be platinum one day. You can read more about that right here.

Ben (looking mildly bored), E. and T.


The party really got started after a round of Irish car bombs...

... which I only recommend on an empty stomach and if you can gulp things quickly. I was pathetic at my attempt to swig down a Guinness with a Bailey's shot mixed in. Talk about filling. Now I know why I stopped doing things like that after I turned 30.

Here is Katie with her Michigan crew...


I tend to get very huggy after a beer or two. Truth be known, I don't give hugs very often in real life. Unless I've known you for years and years...


Good lord... more hugs... and my ears are turning red... never a good sign...

... I think Ash is thinking about running here.

Someone else hugging besides me... Dave & Christian...


We all stopped by Jordy's, and Ash borrowed someone's bike for a while...

... probably not the best idea.

After an hour or two at Plush, here are the stragglers making it home around 3am with slices of pizza...

Ahhhh, how I will miss college life! (again.)

3 comments:

JC said...

Looks like a good time!

There's nothing wrong with librarians! That's just most guys' default for an attractive woman wearing glasses. Stereotypical, I know, but for some reason it's a widespread perception.

The red ears remind me of my first college roommate. He was a little Vietnamese guy and he would turn bright red when he drank!

action said...

"some guy," huh? jc is absolutely correct, above. Maybe the librarian fantasty only runs in the male mind...

Chickytava said...

Oh shit... "some guy" found my blog! So honestly, I'll take it from you & JC... thanks for the compliment.