Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Happy Birthday, T!!!

My brother is turning 36 today...


After the gym,
I called him to wish him a happy birthday, and my dad, who was taking my brother out to lunch in Denver, answered the phone and pretended to be my brother. They have very similar voices, but he didn't fool me for long. After mistakenly wishing the wrong person (my dad) a happy birthday, I caught on and just said, "Dad, I know this is you." My father found it uproariously funny though.

In honor of my brother's birthday, I present you with a small treasure trove of his best late 80's looks (circa 1988-89), namely the mullet. I should warn you that my brother was a bit of a metal head in high school (in contrast to me, who blared Tears for Fears and The Thompson Twins in an attempt to drown out his Iron Maiden and Slayer selections played at full volume in his room next door).

Anyway, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one with embarrassing 80's photos in my family.

So happy birthday, T. Love you!!!...

I call this the cleaned up Anthrax look.

Nice acid washed jeans...


Awww... so cute! Even with a mullet!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

4 comments:

Chickytava said...

I just got this e-mail from my brother:

"thanks for such a respectful and dignified tribute to my special day. I've been featured twice in your blogs: once as a misanthropic curmudgeon and the other as a total idiot with a horrible mullet. I'm going to start my own blog and put up pictures of you and Debbie Sublaski."

My response:
I am literally laughing out loud (to the point of tears) because Debbie was my little mentally retarded friend who lived next door. She was 11, and I was 7, and I bossed her around.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! I would've been smitten back in 1987. The mullet rocks! And, I'll bet Taylor didn't have the long hair permed like a lot of boys I knew!

JC said...

I was a metal-head in high school too, so I have some similar photos! But to make it worse, I'm almost rocking a mullet now.

Happy birthday to bro!

nop.bot said...

as a current contender for this year's international mullet week (closing in on 2 months now!...hence the unmanagably mangy hair...), let me put forth my FULL support for your brother's mullet. i can only hope he should choose to grow it back one day.

with a mustache.