Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My Latest Pop Culture Obsessions

This will be a short entry tonight because it's nearly 11pm, and I have more episodes of The Office Season Two to watch. I do have my priorities, you know.

I believe I have mentioned how much I love this show. Let me say it again... I love this show, and my favorite character is definitely Phyllis...

Oh, poor Phyllis!

Anyway, I spent tonight translating again at the refugee center, and it somehow seemed easier. I brought my camera to prove that I wasn't joking about the Borat look-alike character, but unfortunately, he didn't attend the training session this evening.

After my volunteer work, I drove over to K&J's to watch "Lost" with them and J's roommate, Andy.

While there, K. and I discussed our obsession with the NASA love triangle story. I mean, it just doesn't get any better than a crazy woman driving across the country in Pampers, donning a wig & trench coat, and chasing another woman across an airport parking lot to spray her with mace and potentially kill her. Awesome!


What a nutter.

I always turn to the Smoking Gun for the real story on this kind of stuff. So here's their take on the lunacy, including the police report and legal documents.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think we all have a certain level of schadenfreude with this story. Not only is it a bizarre tale, but there's something particularly intriguing, and almost smugly satisfying, about the fact that even successful overachievers, like rocket scientists, can lose it from time to time.

So, hats off to general craziness. Goodnight!

1 comment:

JC said...

My favorite part of that story is the urine-soaked diaper. Now that's dedication!

And I heard someone say that if you gave that lady a haircut, she would be Jon Stewart. I can see it!