Monday, April 10, 2006

The Addiction of MySpace.com

Oh, help me... I have a new addiction. It is a website that I am sure many of you have heard of called "My Space" where musicians, celebrities and regular boring people like me have profiles. You collect "friends" who can send messages and make comments on your site. You can also listen to a lot of great music on your computer for free!

Very few of my friends have "My Space" profiles so I have become a bit of a low-level celebrity whore as well as a devoted fan of some of the most underrated bands out there (most of whom only a handful of people are even cognizant of and who never get played on the radio). So -- I'm supporting the "little man."

Anyway, here is the exciting news of the day in my "My Space" world:

1. Santino from Project Runway added me as one of his friends... as did Morrissey... as in "the" Morrissey.

2. My favorite electronic musician, Alexander, from the Norwegian band, Binaerpilot, actually sent me TWO comments today! (OMG...)

3. And best of all --- PUMKIN from that hilarious VH-1 reality show, "Flava of Love" also added me as a friend and sent me a personal comment! In the world of reality TV, this is fairly major...

Pumkin is famous for spitting in the face of the most horrendous bitchy woman ever on TV (named "New York") ... and I posted a clip of it on my webpage after declaring Pumkin my hero for doing what many of us wish we could actually do to terrible people.


Here is a full-sized version of the event...

When Miguel and I watched this finale episode on VH-1 over Spring Break, we were laughing so hard that I almost got the hiccups.

Well, if you want to check out my "My Space" profile, it's at www.myspace.com/chickytava. If you have a profile already (or want to create one after hearing about how fun it is!), add me as a friend and send me a comment so I don't look like such a sad celebrity stalker.

PS - It's also great fun for looking up old classmates (sorry, Mom... you're probably out of luck seeing that you're so old). Ha ha...

No comments: