Monday, April 03, 2006

Stop the Bluetooth Cell Phone Idiocy!

My landlord came prowling around my apartment complex yesterday. I think he was showing some of the available units to prospective renters. Peeking out the side of my curtained window, I spotted my landlord posting a sign in front of our building, advertising the apartments for rent.

I quickly threw on a more decent looking outfit than my pajamas and hurried out to discuss with him an issue I have been having with a vent above my stove. It appears as though the vent, which is really not a vent at all (as there is no switch), is actually just a big hole opening up to the sky above, protected only by the thinnest and flimsiest wire gauze filter. The filter seems to be at least ten years old, and it's no longer serving its purpose in the least, which I assume is to be keeping dust and leaves from blowing down into my kitchen. Thus, I have quite a bit of air debris accumulating on a daily basis on top of my archaic stove.

The first thing I noticed upon getting closer to my landlord was that he was wearing one of those inane and ridiculous "Bluetooth" cell phones on his ear. How freaking stupid looking are those things?



I mean, honestly, do you get so many calls per day that you want to wear your phone on your ear all the time, even if you're not actually talking to anyone? It looks utterly moronic, and it just can't be very comfortable...



If you're not a full-time secretary or receptionist fielding at least a call a minute, or driving around in your car talking on the phone, I strongly oppose the wearing of Bluetooth cellular phones. Not only does it look really lame, but people who wear them round-the-clock generally have an air of self-importance I just don't like.

By the way, this includes my Shadoe Stevens-looking landlord, who actually had the nerve to ask me, "What do you want me to do about it?", after I told him about the kitchen vent. Ummm, what do you think, Mr. Important?


He looks like Shadoe, but with Arnold Schwarzenegger's
mouth and teeth...


So heed my advice, non-receptionists and non-drivers... don't walk around the airport, the mall, an apartment complex, a school campus, or streets near your office building wearing one of these while not actually talking to anyone.

You will just annoy intolerant people like me...

I mean, really, it looks like he's glued an anal probe to his ear...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kit, Josh and I were driving around yesterday when the radio station began its own little rant on the very uncool people that leave their earpiece in for ease of future use or pleasure. Josh jumped right in and criticized those idiots, as well.

So, while I never really even noticed (but will be sure to see it everywhere now) - you are not alone!