Thursday, December 21, 2006

Latest Comings and Goings

I think I'm in the midst of catching a cold. So far, I've fended it off pretty well, thanks to Airborne and Zicam, but I can still feel it in the recesses of my respiratory system... blaaah!

It probably didn't help that I had four very full glasses of wine at my friend Jen's house last night, which accompanied homemade grilled cheese and tomato soup. We had a great time imbibing, snacking, and catching up on life's events. She's headed out to Florida on Friday for two weeks with her husband and each of their families... so last night was my only chance to see her while I'm home. She's one of my oldest friends from college and also part of the Shady Nook dinner crew!

Here we are at my going away party in August 2005:


As for other events, Miguel is picking me up today so we can go to a church organ recital in Alexandria at noon. As has been stated in the past... I love organ music (yes... I am a closeted nerd!!!) so it should be a lovely way to spend an hour or two today. Then I have to finish up some last minute Christmas shopping.

My mom took the day off of work yesterday, and we tooled around town doing errands, shopping for Christmas dinner, and just having fun. Here she is with me last Saturday, in her bartending tux (hahahaha!) before she headed out to a holiday party at which she was serving drinks and h'ors d'oerves...

The mini-tux cracks me up! I'm also not sure why she's latched onto the tree top here, but I guess it was part of our Christmas-y pose.

This picture is also clear evidence that my natural hair color is absolute shite. Ugggh, who knew that a person could look so washed out from paper bag brown hair? Not to mention I think I have plucked out at least 60 grey hairs in the past month now that everything has been revealed in its true natural form. I must stop doing this.

Bring me the dye! NOW!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with avoiding a full-blown cold!

I think you're being too hard on yourself with the hair color. I don't think it looks bad at all!

Have a great Christmas!