Monday, December 11, 2006

S to the P to the A to the Z

I would like this t-shirt for Christmas, please:

This is what I've become over the last four days, and especially in the past 24 hours, as I stayed up till 3 am slaving over my Qur'an paper that seemed to be going nowhere fast. I got stuck on pages 11-18 and just couldn't move beyond it. It was sheer hell in which I rambled on about nothing for page after page, confusing myself endlessly and re-reading texts for hours to attempt to understand what I was writing about (Islamic banking).

This left me today with ONE HOUR to finish proofreading my paper, fix the citations, jump out of my pajamas I'd been wearing all day, print the paper, and drop it off. I was 15 minutes late and thought I was having a heart attack. When I looked it over right before turning it in, I noticed about 10 errors in the citations. My heart sank as there was no time to fix anything. So I sent my professor an email, dropped off a re-print of the citations in his mailbox later tonight, and am just crossing my fingers he doesn't count it against me.

All I have to say is that I hate anything to do with the topic of Islamic banking right about now. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Aside from that, I am about to keel over from exhaustion. It is past midnight, and I am operating on less than four hours sleep with a final exam tomorrow.

Guten nacht.

2 comments:

Miguel said...

If anyone can power through these last four days, it's you. After that it's time for friends, your mom, some well deserved sleep, gifts, and savoring little pleasures - like peanut noodles at A&J and lawns with actual grass.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the test!

I finished my paper. I was sweating my citations too. It's hard when you have to cite web pages and wikis, it can get kind of confusing.

By the way, it's jc, beta doesn't like my blogger login anymore and I don't have a Google account!