Sunday, December 03, 2006

Person of the Pantry Award

I've been working on my Middle Eastern media paper all day. In fact, I have not once stepped foot outside my apartment in a 24-hour period. This is probably grossly unhealthy, but I just want to get this shit finished. However, I am sad to report that the paper is still not quite done... but I'm getting really close.

The only big news I've received all day was from my mother, who was named "Person of the Pantry" today.

Need an explanation? This is all part of my mom's experimentation in the world of food service. You'd think once you reached the age of 60-something and had a nice, cushy desk job after earning two master's degrees, you'd be ready to settle down and relax. But no... not my mom... after receiving her bartending degree last spring in her spare time (because she thought it would be "fun"), she has been working for catering companies on weekends.

Anyway, at one of her catering gigs today, she was given the catering company's "Person of the Pantry" award, which means she was their best worker this week! HOLLA!*

WOOT WOOT* MOM!

You are such a diligent little worker**!!!

(And I'm not kidding when I say little...)

I'm so proud.

* = Please note the youthful and hip language I have acquired by hanging out with 20-something Facebook addicts while back in school.
** = Apparently not a genetic trait passed down to me (ie: diligence and/or small stature).

3 comments:

JC said...

I'm feelin' ya* on the paper.

Congrats to Mom on the POTPA!!

Little, huh? Could another snap from Mom be on the way?


* my lame attempt to use said hip lingo.

Anonymous said...

:-))

Italianissima said...

1. I love bartenders.
2. Your mom is a bartender.
3. I love your mom.

Kudos to Victoria for a job well done!

Can you tell that I am procrastinating from doing my final literature reviews for class as well :)