Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Missing the Vote and a Scary Discovery

I feel like a sack of poo at the moment. I'm a registered Virginia voter, but I missed the absentee ballot deadline by two days and couldn't vote. And now the election is being decided by absentee ballots. I suck.

I also discovered this evening that children (actually, infants) I used to babysit when I was a senior in high school are now in college. This means they could potentially be sitting with me in classes. Out of curiosity, I looked a couple of them up on Facebook and MySpace and was shocked and horrified to discover that a two-year old girl I used to watch (and who named her favorite doll after me... I was a cool babysitter) is now a college sophomore.

Here's baby Courtney... now a beer swilling, Jaegermeister guzzling, randomly hooking up, typical college partier...


Shit, this makes me feel sad.

No comments: