Sunday, November 26, 2006

Spandau Ballet's "Gold"... love it!!!

I was in the midst of writing my paper tonight, when this song came on my computer's random shuffle...


"Gold" by Spandau Ballet (I used to have this cassette tape!)

Wow, I forgot how much I love this song. I hit "repeat" a few times to listen to it again, and then I decided I should find the video on YouTube because I don't feel like working on my paper.

Since I'm in the midst of writing about the Quranic hadith "gold for gold and silver for silver," I figure I'm at least still slightly on topic.

Now back to hellish research...

PS - Sid & Nancy just had very audible sex next door, and I feel like some creepy voyeur... it's one of the reasons I turned up the volume on "Gold" (which frankly I would recommend doing anyway, even if one is not in a creepy voyeur situation, just because it's a great song!!!).

1 comment:

JC said...

Wow, what kind of crappy 80's child am I, I don't think I've ever heard this song. I do remember "True" though.

I must find Sid & Nancy's backstory.