Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Very Non-Ultra Experience

I have a weak spot for the Dollar Store. I know, it's white trashy and somewhat dirty and full of scary customers with snotty nosed children and fake rip-off brands and cheap silk flowers, but their gift wrap section is fabulous, which is the primary reason I go.

I was at the Dollar Store a couple weeks ago and was browsing around, testing the waters beyond the safety zone of the gift wrap area, when I encountered the cleaning supply shelf and realized I could get some great deals on household cleansers! So I picked up a bottle of Joy dishwashing soap (which I use frequently, seeing as I have no dishwasher) and patted myself on the back for a bargain well found... dishwashing liquid for a dollar?!?!? What a steal!

Last week, it was time to break out the new dishwashing soap that I had temporarily hidden under the sink. I pulled it out, opened the cap, and poured what appeared to be soapy water onto my dishes.

I wondered what was wrong... and then I looked at the label...

Please note the all important words... "non-ultra" Joy.

This is synonymous with "sucky" Joy, "cheap" Joy, and "don't waste your time using me because I am little better than water" Joy. In sum, I found its label's honesty to be rather amusing. It shouted out to me... there's a reason I was in the Dollar Store, you ninny!

So, I am now using non-ultra Joy, which is so thin and runny that I have used half the bottle in less than a week's time. But it does appear to be cleaning my dishes well enough...

However maybe that's just because I'm an ultra talented dish washer.

Which sounds very lame. Yes, very very lame.

Speaking of lame... I have to get back to my school work now. I hate grad school. Goodbye.

1 comment:

JC said...

My sister needs to see this - she practically lives at Big Lots. Of course she can't really afford to shop at them high dollar Wal Mart-type places.