Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Bachelorette Memories

Today was as equally boring as yesterday except that I came to a full realization of just how freaking busy I really need to be in order to get all of my school work done this week. Therefore, I sat glued to my cheap plastic IKEA chair for nearly five hours today practicing and recording on video my god awful Arabic poem. I am starting to think I have a learning disability with memorization. I really am just plain retarded at memorizing text. I know it in my head, but then I go to say it out loud on my video camera attached to my computer (a video is required for our teacher to grade us), and I do it OK for the first 20 lines, and then I start to psych myself out... thinking "Oh my god, I am almost finished... if I can just not mess up for the next 3 lines, I am finished with this horrible thing!" And what happens? Of course, I get all freaked out and freeze or screw up the last 3 lines and have to start from the beginning... again.

One highlight of my day is that one of my best friends, Kelley O'Connor, called me from Seattle during the midst of the aforementioned frustrations, and we chatted for almost two hours (when of course, I should not have been chatting at all). While I was talking to her, I started reminiscing about her bachelorette party last May and how much fun it was. As I don't have a huge amount of extra time this evening, I just thought I'd include some of the pictures from that girls weekend in Whistler, British Columbia...

Here was our ride for the weekend, Kelley and Sean's (her now-husband) Suburban, also known as "The Biscuit":

We gussied up the Biscuit with all sorts of classy slogans.
It's amazing how many horny drivers there are out there...

Here are the ladies with the Biscuit:

This photo was taken right before Kelley "plunged" into marriage... quite literally, as she decided to bungee jump that weekend. I seriously look like I'm balding in this picture. So not good!!!

I don't know many bachelorettes who want to bungee jump as one of their pre-wedding rituals, but Kelley decided against the spa (as my friend Jo and I voted for), and hit the bungee cord instead:

I think Kel was psyching herself up here.
I do that hand gesture when I dance to "Rock Lobster."

This is such a cool photo!

I personally would have been peeing myself... or more.

However, Kelley did not appear to have soiled herself.

Thank goodness.


That evening, we hit a sushi bar in the village...

You can see Jojo on the right (who is now one full week
past her due date to give birth... the poor thing... funny
how much things can change in just a year.)

This was not a good idea:

It was some sort of "bachelorette shot" the
bartender concocted for her, known to inside
circles as "the Vomit Inducer."

The party carried on down the street in Whistler:

Here is Kelley with the bridesmaids: Kimmie, Lisa, and me.

One nice thing about Kelley is that she's really shy...

Yeah, right.

Here's another vomit inducer, also known as "the lemon drop":

I love Jo's face in this picture... she's trying to appear
enthusiastic, but she's actually pretty horrified.

Here are some of the girls kicking it up on the dance floor
with an increasingly wild Kelley:

I believe Jo and I are the catty bitches in the background complaining
to each other about the cheese factor of this corny dance club,
and secretly wishing we were sipping wine at some upscale yuppie bar.

You know it had to happen:

The "vomit inducers" finally kicked in. The best part is that
this happened right outside the front doorway to the resort.

Unbelievably, Kelley kicked it back into gear 10 minutes later:

But by then, the rest of us lame birds decided to call it a night.
I don't look terribly enthused here, but maybe that is because
we were toasting with water. I think I just wanted my bed
right about at that point.

Speaking of, I want to go to bed soon (in real life)... so the photo memoir is now over. I must start writing my history response paper and hit the hay. Toodles!

No comments: