Thursday, March 23, 2006

Mexican Radio

Tonight a guy in my department hosted a rather large shindig at his house, and it was a really good time, even if I smell like a giant hot dog right now as a result of sitting downwind from the grill for a couple of hours. (Sorry, no photos b/c my camera was hidden away in my purse in another room, and I forgot to pull it out...) However, I should warn readers that I am writing this after four beers and more than a few shisha pipe drags. Thus, I must issue the disclaimer that I am not accountable for any typ-os, misspellings, or general idiocy.

Since I am a little drunk, I am going to share a small secret... I listen to Mexican radio in my car when I am driving around Tucson. In fact, I listen to enough Mexican radio that I even have a favorite Mexican song now. It is called "Na na na" (very cerebral title) by the Kumbia Kings. Miguel told me that this band is led by Selena's brother (she is the Mexican singer that was shot down by a crazy fanclub member many years ago), and he gets guest artists to sing for different songs.


So guess who sings my favorite song, "Na na na"? A boy named Pee Wee. See, I told you this was embarrassing enough to be considered a secret. But the cat is out of the bag now... so I am going to give you the music video to watch so you can see for yourselves just how good this song is (although I admit that I have a history of liking the occasional lame song or two...). As you watch, please envision my audio pleasure as I drive around the desert town of Tucson in my grandma's former gold 1988 Honda Accord with brown velour interior... sunglasses on and wind whipping through my hair:

PS - I think I know why I like this song so much... doesn't it seem like a Mexican version of the New Edition song "Cool it Now"? ("Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky, and Mike -- I like the girl who cares who you like...") Of course, I loved that song too. I even lip synched it for a talent show with my friend Carrie Albee in junior high.

No comments: