Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Flash Flood Re-Lived...

I'm short on time tonight because I'm trying to write a dreadful 8-page economics paper that is due in two days...

So today all I can muster is the infamous "flash flood" video that I took with my digital camera's movie function. I finally figured out how to upload it onto the computer.


For those of you not familiar with the story, this happened in August 2005 when Miguel and I went hiking up to some waterfalls in Sabino Canyon near Tucson. I think there was a bad aura from the start because I got stung on my big toe when we were having lunch under the waterfall. I took a picture of the sting because it swelled up so much and hurt like a mother! I would share the photo, but my velociraptor feet are so ugly that I don't want to scare anyone.

After lunch, we stopped to lounge in the creek here:

This picture of Miguel was taken in the exact same spot where
I later videotaped. You can see the water was clear and
only about two feet deep at the most!

Suddenly, everything changed:

BTW, if the embedded video here keeps stopping, just hit the "pause button" and wait about two minutes for it to fully load before you finish watching it.

About five hours later we got rescued by this helicopter that flew down into
the canyon to fetch us:


Now, back to my paper... while I am glad to be alive, reality sucks tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kit we are glad you and Miguel made it home safe and sound. Good luck on your paper!