Friday, April 27, 2007

Best Day EVER!

Isn't it great to have a good day?!?

I've had the best day I've had in a long long time. It actually started late last night when, after flummoxing around slightly buzzed from the "Sexy Blue Jesus Pants," (thank you, Brandon) I discovered an e-mail in my inbox from one of my thesis committee members (Dr. L for those you familiar with my department).

It read, and I quote:

"This is really, really great. (And then some technical mumbo jumbo.) You will be happy to know that I think that the paper is excellent in terms of content and structure. Great work!"

OK, I was so happy I pulled one of my trademark jumping around my apartment antics. (Although that could also have been the alcohol.) I think I also screeched -- a happy screech-- a few times and then laid my head on my pillow and had a most lovely, peaceful slumber.

Today, now that I know I don't have that much to worry about (besides my art paper, which should be peanuts in comparison), I have totally goofed around.

After Arabic class, I went directly to the pedicurist, where I proceeded to get "dulce de leche" pink on my toe nails...

Then I hit the pool, and after swimming a mile, I pulled out my baseball hat and my I-Pod and laid on a chaise lounge in the partial-shade for a good hour and a half, soaking up some rays and feeling, well, fantastic.

And now this evening... Jordy is hosting a Big Lebowski viewing party at his house, complete with White Russians (the drink, of course) and a bunch of guys who actually know quotes to the movie.

In preparation for the evening, I'm picking up Gerry, and we're going to In-n-Out Burger (new in Tucson!!!) to get carry-out burgers for everyone.

Get this, according to Gerry (who tried to go yesterday), it's an HOUR long wait at In-n-Out, at a minimum, because it just opened this week, and people in Tucson are acting like people in Moscow did when McDonald's opened up there in 1989.

I find it hard to believe I am succumbing to the desire to try a fast food burger since I've not eaten at any fast food restaurant in about three years (after I was totally grossed out and horrified by Super Size Me), but I figure my swim today will counteract the vulgarity of the burger...

... I can't decide if this looks repulsive or lip-smackingly delicious. I'm leaning actually toward the latter.

OK, I have to get ready now and go pick up Gerry for our marathon wait in line.

Today is a great day!!!

No comments: