Friday, April 06, 2007

Hello Swim Season!

It's swim time!

The best thing about living in AZ is that swim season starts around March/April (or year round if you're harder core than I am). I suck at running, but I could swim all day.

In fact, did you know that a 36-lap mile swim is the equivalent of a four-mile run? And far more enjoyable, in my personal opinion. I think there's nothing more refreshing than hopping out of the pool after a long swim... feeling totally relaxed.


Why do I love swimming? I love the sound of water swishing past my ears, hearing myself breathe, watching the stripes of the pool bottom pass under me, feeling the sun on my back, and enjoying the coolness of the liquid swirl around me.

I wish I had an underwater camera...

... but I don't. So here I am in the locker room before hitting the pool!

Now... my thesis beckons. Goodbye.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sexy. GRRRRRRRRR.

Italianissima said...

Dude - it is so cold here on the east coast - I wish is was warm enough to swim!!!

JC said...

Great photo!

Swimming is great exercise. I wish I had easy access to a pool now that I don't run anymore. But I don't.