Saturday, April 14, 2007

Long Papers SUCK

OK, I'm breaking my rule, but my life has just reached a new low.

It's 9:26pm on a Saturday night, and I'm stuck sitting in front of my computer pretending to read about religious publications in Saudi Arabia and wearing a headband from CVS that looks ridiculous, I have a giant blemish on my right cheek, I have eaten at least 10 chocolate chip cookies that I baked this afternoon, and my bed remains unmade. Furthermore, I have a yoga strap around my sternum to keep my posture straight (I tend to turn into Quasimoto after several hours at a keyboard), and I'm listening to Howard Shore's "The Riders of Rohan" from the Lord of the Rings soundtrack, just to add insult to injury.

I even took a photo of myself in my horrible misery so you know I'm not kidding...

My hand looks rather palsy-ish, doesn't it?

Last night was no better, especially when I thought of all my friends out having fun and enjoying their weekend. And I'm stuck home with Frodo and Gollum's musical maladies.

The good news is that I have made some progress. I have 18 pages completely finished and have the framework finished for another 20 or so, into which I need to add detail.

And that's it for my break. Ta-ta.

4 comments:

JC said...

Hey, where's the headband?

Chickytava said...

It's in my hair but the angle doesn't show it well. And the zit is hiding behind the paper.

Italianissima said...

When I did my grad thesis at GU I was stressed out that I got hives. I called them my 'Savonarola Hives' and even mentioned them in my dedication page. Keep on trucking you are half way there!

Chickytava said...

Dedication page? Dedication page? Oh my god, is that one more thing I have to write??!?!?!