Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Celeb Mullets Part II: Attempt at a Throw-Down, but Not Very Successful

I promised a mullet follow-up, and here it is...

I got a few more suggestions -- but judging from the miniscule feedback I received, I believe I might be the only person outside of the NASCAR circuit that thinks mullets can be attractive or who has any fond memories of them. Or maybe I just went to a hick high school. On second thought, yes, perhaps that's it.

In any case, Paola, who might be the biggest U2 fan in the entire world, chastised me for forgetting the Bono Live Aid mullet. She even e-mailed me photos.

Here it is in all its glory...


And then JC suggested Billy Ray Cyrus and Joey Lawrence. I am loath to post BRC photos, as in my opinion, he is a redneck (putting him in the "unattractive mullet" category).

However, Joey Lawrence is OK , even if I have always found him a bit irritating...



And the final suggestion (thanks, Miguel) was Nik Kershaw (yes, that's "Nik" without a "c")... who absolutely rocks the mullet.

I can't believe I forgot him!

If you want to watch his mullet in action, here's my favorite song, "The Riddle" from 1984:

Clearly one of the 80's worst EVER videos. I literally cringed at the ending.

3 comments:

JC said...

That video made me poop my pants. I'll try to find some more fodder for your mullet lust.

Anonymous said...

Better late than never... Additional celebrity mullets include Mel Gibson (the Lethal Weapon mullet) and perhaps the only man who could do justice to the mullet - George Clooney from the Facts of Life era. I vaguely remember a photo of George wearing painting overalls and sporting a hot little mullet.

Italianissima said...

Ironic that Joey Lawrence is bald now...don't ya think? Kit I think mullets can be sexy - ie Larry Mullen Jr during the Vertigo tour. You just have to have the right stuff to pull it off...George Clooney was a perfect example.