Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Off to Thesis Land...

I regret to inform you that I am going to have to take a mini-break from blogging for a while.

Something evil, better known as "writing my thesis," is about to take over my life for the next two and a half weeks, and as I have all the self-discipline of, say Britney Spears on crack cocaine, I know I will use this blog as a perfect excuse to waste time and not write about what I should be focusing on, namely the Saudi Arabian religious authorities. (And yes, I'm pretty sure there's a place in hell for the person who uses the phrases "Britney Spears on crack cocaine" and "Saudi Arabian religious authorities" in the same sentence.)


Therefore, I have informed myself that I am no longer permitted to write in this blog every day, and I may only give you a weekly update until this wretched period of my life is over.

And if you're wondering, I am also cutting out all happy hours and dance marathons.

Goodbye Fun Life!!!!

With no further ado... have a lovely week and see you at some point in my future.

6 comments:

J Porter said...

Ugh... I'm in thesis hell too, so as much sympathy as I can muster is directed your way ;)
Also, I'd just like to note that it's your fault I check Go Fug Yourself obsessively now. All your fault! But hey, entertaining.
We should hang out... sometime after May 2nd.

Chickytava said...

Go Fug Yourself makes me laugh out loud. So it's worth reading daily! But alas, you apparently know that.

Let's def. hang out after May 2nd... and I'll wear my GFY t-shirt that says "I hate what you're wearing", which won't be true of course in your case, but definitely appropo for 99% of the female population of UA.

Someone must stop this babydoll top & leggings madness. They all look pregnant!

Italianissima said...

Good luck Kit!!!
I know you will do well and think of the HUGE celebration you can have once you turn it in!!!

laughingrid said...

So sad.... We miss you, Kit! But that's a great idea to look forward to how much FUN we're going to have once you're done! :)

Buckle down, there's a good girl! ;)
Good luck!

JC said...

Good luck on the thesis!

You would laugh at the "big" paper that I have to turn in at the end of the semester - 4000 words. I could prolly find a 4000 word paper in your stool.

If you need a study break and want to grab a ginger ale I will be in Tucson from the 25th to the 28th. Yeah, I know it won't happen.

bjswift said...

May the words flow from your fingers, Kit.

Any chance we'll see you out during Mustache Week?