Saturday, April 07, 2007

Taxes vs. Schoolwork

Hello. I have absolutely no motivation for school anymore.

In fact, this morning I actually opted to do my taxes* rather than work on my final papers.

OK, sure, my taxes needed to be done at some point in the next week or two, but it seemed like the more appealing option to me this morning, and that seems a pretty sure sign that I'm ready to graduate.

Hmmmm... do I want to pull more than a grand out of my savings to pay for an ill-thought-out war or do I want to learn and write about the 19th century Victorian Oriental carpet craze in Europe?

I'd prefer to pay a huge sum of money to the government, please!

* Thankfully this year's tax debacle was slightly easier than the quaqmire in which I found myself last year (see here and here) and only merited one phone call to my finance-degreed brother, who told me he was "playing drums right now" and couldn't be bothered with my measly tax problems and could I please instead call my CPA cousin with inane questions about taxes so he could get back to his drumming?

No comments: