Sunday, May 06, 2007

Brian Wilson... Almost as Great as Rick Wakeman*

I'm preparing for my thesis defense tomorrow. Then I have three final exams between Tuesday and Thursday. This week is really getting set to suck so I won't have much time to write here in the next few days.

So today, I am just going to include a clip of Brian Wilson's "Surf's Up" because he's one of my favorite musicians of all time, I love love love this song, and after listening to "Caroline, No" and "Heroes and Villains," I was just reminded of how amazing I think his music is... even if he's had a pretty sad life and is mildly crazy.



No action in this clip...

Just the perfect song. Definitely in my top three songs ever.

If you don't own The Beach Boys' "Pet Sounds" or "Smile" albums, you should definitely consider purchasing them. Just my two cents.

* My love for Rick Wakeman, another aging 60's-70's music icon, can be found in all its glory here.

1 comment:

JC said...

I think Brian Wilson was a musical genius when he came up with Pet Sounds. Now, maybe not so much. I guess he could be an effective argument against taking drugs? Did you ever see the skit on Mr. Show with the Brian Wilson parody? They said it was based on the fact that he would write a song about anything, like say going to the grocery store.

Good luck this week!