Thursday, May 31, 2007

Morrissey! Who I Shall See Tonight...

Tonight I am going to the Morrissey concert here in Tucson.

Yes, Morrissey. IN TUCSON. I can hardly believe it myself... but I attribute it largely to his huge Mexican fan base. (And funny thing... I'm going with two Mexicans!) He hasn't been to Arizona in five years though... so I'm feeling vastly lucky.

Morrissey has been my favorite singer since I was in 6th grade. My first tape was "The Smiths." I love him. (Not enough to jump on stage and hug him like other crazy fans do, but I do love his music.) Granted, I still prefer the Smiths to solo Moz, but his earlier solo albums were very good.

I saw him live in 2004 in DC, and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. He's a great live performer (lots of passionate waving around and grabbing his heart and getting down on his knees and interacting with the crowd)... I can't wait for tonight!

Here's a sneak peek of what lies in store this evening, which I'm pretty sure (or at least hoping) he'll play...

November Spawned a Monster:


Suedehead:


There is a Light That Never Goes Out (a Smiths song he closes his shows with... and one of my all-time favorite tunes... and yes, he really does take his shirt off at the end of the show!):


Has there ever been a more passionate song?

"If a double decker bus crashes into us, to die by your side is such a heavenly way to die. And if a ten-ton truck kills the both of us, to die by your side... well, the pleasure, the privilege is mine."

Ahhhh, Moz.

2 comments:

Jordy said...

has there ever been a schmaltzier song? christ...

Chickytava said...

HATER!!!!!