Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Just Random Stuff

Here's what happens to a pencil left on the dashboard of your car in Tucson, Arizona in the month of April...

I wish I had 3-D imagery because the curvature is well beyond the worst scoliosis'ed spine you could ever imagine.

And I only left it there for about three hours!

On a happy note, I have a job interview tomorrow via the telephone with the State Department.

But I'm so afraid of jinxing myself that I'm loath to say more. All I can say is that it's a great job, and I'm hoping it works out!!! I called my old boss at State today
(Bella!... sorry, inside joke for my State friends), and he told me to use him as a reference in the interview, which I thought was pretty nice, and gave me added confidence.

More details later if it goes well...

Other than this, I have nothing more to say. My life is just a blur of school lately. I did go to happy hour tonight with, well, everybody... at No Anchovies. I had two beers but feel like I had about six.

OHHHH... and KC called me today and asked for my shoe size, and my curiosity is totally KILLING me!! Who gets shoes for their birthday? Me? ME! Me?!? Yes, I am a total and complete shoe-aholic (50 pairs in my closet minus the 75 or so in storage) so I can't wait to see what this is all about! And good thing she called... she thought I was a size 8, when I'm really a gigantor size 9.5.


God bless shoes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love shoes too and the photo is very telling of the kinds of shoes you love, I so relate. And to get shoes for your birthday...fun times! Just passing through, read the post on the shoes and just wanted to leave a comment. My shoe size is a 10 and it doesn't bother me to tell anyone. :) I think it is great you going back to school how you are. Hope you get the job.

Blessings,

Ellie

Anonymous said...

Love the pink boots! It might be hot enough to melt pencils in AZ, but I really want to see a pic of those boots on!