Thursday, May 03, 2007

What Government Workers Really Do All Day...

I was instant messaging with Ingrid this afternoon, and we got on the topic of interesting birthday gifts (courtesy of KC's shoe size inquiry earlier this week...). Ingrid got some pretty amazing iridescent high heels from her husband a few years ago...


If I could only be so lucky...

So Ingrid tells me that she once got a thong that said WWJD? from a friend as a birthday gift. And that reminded me that I once got a thong for Christmas from my sister-in-law that had the Star Wars Kid on it...

Remember the Star Wars Kid?!? He had my office laughing our asses off for weeks on end a few years ago. When I looked it up on YouTube, I still laughed out loud...

That poor kid. Apparently he was the school's basketball team manager and had access to the team's camcorder. He taped himself pretending to be a Jedi Knight using a golf ball retriever. Some of the other kids in the school found a copy of the tape left on the camera and put it on the internet.

Now he's on a thong that I own.


This is my favorite re-make:


And if you want to see the equally funny (and possibly funnier because it's just so horribly awkward) original footage (sans sound & light saber effects -- but including his huffing and puffing), go here.

Ingrid and I compared our favorite "it's so sad it's funny" websites and clips.

She recommended The Tron Guy.

I recommended The Adult Peter Pan. (Make sure to click on "fashions" in the site.)

And at Christmas time, this is one of my favorite clips. Ding! Fries are done!

I blame my former government work place for all of this. I sat next to a guy (featured previously in my blog here) who knew every one of these weirdo internet things. And I'm not complaining... because I laughed through several days of work.

He once sent me this, and in all seriousness, I sang the song for an entire week ALL DAY LONG.

I can't end this blog entry on a high note, however. Oh no, I must now leave you with this little chestnut... one of my favorites... "Good Day, Mr. Kubrick," which is an actual audition tape this guy made for "Full Metal Jacket":



This is all I have to say in response...

5 comments:

Italianissima said...

OMG!!! The singing banana is like my favorite thing ever!!! Someone sent that to me when I was working at NIAF and Lisa and I sang it for weeks on end!!!

Laura said...

Have you seen this yet?
http://funnyordie.com/v1/view_video.php?viewkey=3efbc24c7d2583be6925

Chickytava said...

Hey Sticks -- Your link doesn't work!

Chickytava said...

Here's the full link from Sticks... definitely worth a watch! I laughed out loud.

http://funnyordie.com/v1/view_video.
php?viewkey=3efbc24c7d2583be6925

bjswift said...

A real Summer's Eve Douche indeed!