Sunday, May 20, 2007

Slowly Recovering... And One Year Older. Sigh.

So here's the deal... I am feeling better (still blowing my nose every 30 seconds but not feeling achy and death-like anymore), I went to Luis & Nichole's party last night and stayed out till (gasp) almost midnight, drank multiple beers, and took numerous photos.

Too bad this computer doesn't have the right software to hook up my digital camera though... this just means I will have a major photo dump next week.

After spending a good part of the day yesterday sleeping and recovering from the world's worst cold, then watching Pride & Prejudice (the Keira Knightly version... which I'm not ashamed to say made me cry a little at the end), I was finally up for leaving the house and made it over to Luis & Nichole's place.

It was a great party last night (about 40 people in L & N's backyard)... saw all of my old friends (and lots of new toddlers & babies), celebrated with a chocolate birthday cake, tacos, and Coronas, and let everyone know I'm moving back in a few months. I dare say everyone was pretty happy about the news.

Today I ran errands with my mom (yes, great excitement), which included getting lost in Falls Church, as she totally confused road directions even after I continued to say "are you sure this is the right way?!?," and then spent hours with her looking at silver door handles and drawer knobs for her soon-to-be renovated bathroom. Of course, I found myself paralyzed by the ludicrous amount of options available at the Home Expo Design store and probably ended up being absolutely no help at all. My biggest contributions of the day were telling my mom that one door handle looked like a hair barrette, and another looked like a blood-filled tick. Oh, and one style looked very phallic and another was very hot dog-like in appearance, which I guess is actually kind of the same thing.

Time to go to bed now. I'm still on only about 75% energy... blaaahhhh.

1 comment:

bjswift said...

Happy birthday!