Friday, May 11, 2007

Some Major Updates...

First -- I'm waiting at home for my mom, sister-in-law and brother to come pick me up to go to Mexico.

My brother just called and said my mom rear-ended someone in her rental car on Campbell Ave.

Me: "You're kidding, right?"
T: "No, there's body parts all over the road."
Me: "Oh good, so you are kidding."
T: "There aren't body parts on the road, but I'm not kidding. We were following mom in our car, and she just totally drilled into the guy in front of her."
Me: "So is the rental car all fucked up?"
T: "I don't know. I'm getting out of the car right now to go see."

And this is all I know. Looks like perhaps we are not Mexico-bound after all.

Second -- My dad called and is en route to Phoenix, which is the only stand-by flight available. He's renting a car (yay!) and driving down from Phoenix later this afternoon.

Third -- I got the State Department job!

Elation has turned into concern, unfortunately, as I hope my mom and her car aren't jacked up. My brother didn't make it sound like a serious accident so it seems like she and the other driver are fine, but still... ugggghhhhh.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job.

Chickytava said...

Thanks!

And BTW, my mom is OK and the car is damaged but not totally undriveable so all is well.

bjswift said...

Big congrats on the job! And I'm glad your family is all alive.

Anonymous said...

sweet, we can organize working lunches all over town. hope your mom was insured unlike most tucson drivers

nop.bot said...

BIG day out! congratulations :)