Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Montage of Nerdy Delights

And yet again, my camping photo plan has been stymied because it is now midnight, I still haven't uploaded the photos off my digital camera, and I have been doing Arabic homework for some time now (and intermittently watching "Jimmy Kimmel" -- who just featured a Paris Hilton DUI arrest re-enactment that made me laugh out loud.)

Therefore, in preparation for my Friday evening of "Labyrinth" watching with my self-declared co-nerd, Jenn, I am going to engage my audience with an audio-visual entertainment suite of all things nerdy:

1. I had no idea that creating music videos using film clips is a popular full-time hobby for a lot of (nerdy) people with excess time on their hands, and apparently "Labyrinth" is a popular movie to toy with, as there were about seven pages of videos to choose from on YouTube. After a fairly thorough review of the rather lame collection, this was the cheesiest video montage I could find featuring "Mr. Bowie in tights" himself, with Madonna singing "Crazy for You" in the background... I warned you it was lame...


2. One of my favorite movie clips, from "American Splendor" (turn up the volume b/c the sound is bad)...


3. And here is the real guy (comic artist Harvey Pekar's friend, Toby, who is not acting here) on who the character above was based...



4. And of course, my all-time favorite, the classic musical ending to "Revenge of the Nerds" (filmed here at U of A!!!):


And finally, for your listening pleasure... nerdcore rap:


Weird Al - "White and Nerdy"
Beefy - "Nerd"
Rappy McRapperson - "Food!"
Oddioblender - "MySpace Hates You"
Attack Slug - "How Nerdy Am I?"

Nerd out...

No comments: