Sunday, September 17, 2006

Three Great Bands!

I wanted to write tonight about my weekend in Phoenix and hanging out with my mom until she returned to DC today, but alas, it is past 11pm, and I still have quite a bit of reading to do for school tomorrow. So I'll have to write about my weekend later...

Instead, I'll just introduce you to two great bands I've recently discovered and love...

The Isles:

“If Neil Finn had been in the Smiths, they might've sounded something like this.” - www.fingertipsmusic.com

and The Postal Service:

"Maybe it's 80s synthpop and new wave, but it's also healthfully twee, with a rev of dance thrown in for good measure." - Pop Matters


And one of my favorites since the late 90s... the Scottish group, Belle & Sebastian, which is the only current music group I like enough to have earned the honor of meriting a bumper sticker on my old Honda, "I love my car...".


I've seen them in concert several times, and they are fabulous!!! Miguel just bought me their brand new CD, (thank you!!! I love it!!) called "The Life Pursuit," and this is my favorite song on the album, "We Are the Sleepyheads":



No comments: