Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Too Tired to Think of a Good Title

Today I tried my hand at being a paparazzi photographer.


(Insert hungover, non-famous bimbo in place of tailored actor in the above photo. And please insert me in place of that munchkin-like Danny DeVito man wearing Cherokee mocassins behind the camera.)

After receiving a request from one of my fabulous readers to do another
"U of A Campus Fashion Police" entry like the one I did last year, I put my digital camera in my backpack this morning, staked out a spot under a tree at the Student Union, and started snapping surreptitious photos. I'll admit, I was afraid I was going to be spotted and called out, but people thankfully are pretty oblivious. However, I was spotted by my friends, Lindsey and Alana about 10 minutes later, and they demanded to know what the hell I was doing. So I recruited them as paparazzi scouts, eagerly searching out U of A's worst outfits.

Believe you me, I have a treasure trove of heinous-ness, from leggings to jean shorts to Mary Kate Olsen's and Nicole Richie's "so last year" sunglasses (AKA the Sasson rose tint glasses my mom wore in 1980 with her terry cloth tube tops and Candie's cork bottomed sandals).


I know you know what I mean.

But...

I have been writing a paper for my Quran class all evening long -- and yes, it does seem to be a "clash of civilizations" that I'm secretly dying to write catty and totally superficial comments about some blonde hoochie's belly-bearing Abercrombie tank while I'm actually working on a paper about the tenets of the Muslim faith...

On second thought, let's hope no one writing fatwas reads this...

... or I might turn into the next Salman Rushdie.

And I must also admit that I have spent the last hour watching the latest wonderful episode of "Project Runway" -- go Laura and Michael! And so long Kayne! (it really was time for him to go...)

My favorite look tonight...

... Michael's cool and sleek creation.

So, basically, what I'm saying is... it's past 11:30pm right now so I don't have time to write about U of A fashion faux pas even though I have all the pics uploaded into my computer. However, cropping photos and making appropriately bitchy comments will take some time, and this does pain me, really it does because I just can't quite do it this evening.

Alas, the time has come that I must go to sleep. So I bid you all adieu and "auf wiedersehn."

2 comments:

Lola said...

You were so vindicated last night. Though Michael should have one. I even had a wee bit of empathy for Laura. Though it pains me to admit it.

Lola said...

Okay, I was up too late watching runway (I normally TIVO it cause it is on past my bedtime).

AND I should probably learn to preview.

So, I don't come across as a complete dumb ass and frequent victim of homophones.

Therefore, let me rewrite my last statement...

"Michael should have won."

Awesome.

Can't wait for the catty post.