Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Copland

Here's the kind of sketchy, random stuff that goes down in Tucson all the time:


I took this photo from in front of my apartment complex a few days ago when I arrived home from class at around 3:30pm. The paddy wagon had just driven away, and the cops were taking crime scene pictures of this beat-up old car, which had smashed into a beautiful chain link fence surrounding a small weed-strewn yard in front of a dilapitated house.

My guess is that the car was stolen, it was involved in a high-speed chase (down my street), the car lost control, and it crashed. This is the only explanation I can offer that would involve a paddy wagon and multiple police cars (not all visible in this photo).

Aside from the regular nightly cop helicopter circlings that go on from midnight to 2 a.m., this is standard business in Tucson. You wouldn't believe how many high-speed cop chases I hear on a weekly basis near my apartment.

I know you're jealous.

No comments: