Sunday, October 08, 2006

Fun with Photo Editing

I went to a party for my university department last night and drank too much, causing me to sleep in this morning, then loaf around most of the day, reading for class tomorrow while drinking copious amounts of coffee. Although our department events are generally lame, it was actually pretty fun last night (possibly due to my numerous glasses of wine?)...

Yesterday, I didn't do much of anything except household chores like laundry, cleaning, and grocery shopping. I also stopped for a couple of kitchen items at Ross, where I discovered half the population of Sonora, Mexico apparently loves to shop.

In addition, I spent a good portion of my day fooling around on my computer's photo editor. My department is selling notecards at a university street fair coming up soon, and they put out a call for photos we have taken during our Middle East travels. Unfortunately, almost all of my photos are non-digital and currently in storage on the East Coast, but I had scanned a few pictures I'd taken in Yemen into my computer a few years ago, and I also had a couple of good ones from Kuwait that I took last year with my digital camera.

Anyway, I had a good time playing around with the photo editor (making me wish, yet again, that I had gone into a more creative career field as I had originally planned... sigh... like architecture, interior design, or graphic art). But, alas, I guess then I wouldn't have been able to travel to these cool places...

YEMEN PICTURES

Decrepit truck parked on a street in old Sana'a...


Graffiti on a wall behind qat dealers...

(I can't read all of it, but one line says "against qat")

The old city of Sana'a...


Typical Yemeni truck...


On the outskirts of Sana'a, this is a historic place called Wadi Dahar...


Sign outside a local bookstore, called "The Tunis Library"...


A poor Yemeni woman selling bread & a type of lettuce...


KUWAIT PICTURES

City skyline from a Kuwaiti rooftop...


The Kuwait Towers...


And that's it for now. I'm going to work on photoshopping some of the "people" pictures I took and will share them later, but for now, I need to get cracking on my Arabic homework.


Ma'a Salaama!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What no photos from the famous NES party. How else are Arizona alumns supposed to keep up with gossip.