Sunday, October 15, 2006

Craziness at DV8

My apologies, dear friends, for the total gross-out factor in my last blog entry. It appears as though I made at least two friends sick while they were eating breakfast. I am so sorry.

Now, moving on to last Friday night, which was far more uplifting than dermotological issues... I went out with Anna, Ben, Ingrid, some other astronomy grad students, plus my friend Gerry (who subletted my apt. last Christmas) and two of his old college friends visiting from NYC.


First we hit the outside deck of "No Anchovies!" for several beers and then we moved onto Tucson's finest all-colors night club, DV8, where Ingrid had double-dog-dared Ben to get us a VIP table, which is exactly what he did. Hilariously, our "VIP" area was nothing more than a 2' x 2' formica table right next to the public bar that didn't even come with chairs. However, we did get a "reserved" sign.

I'm not a big fan of "top 40" type music and only recognized one song the entire night. However, it was amusing to watch the large and scantily clad Latina women gyrate about on the dance floor to "Fitty Cent" in their Hot Topic hoochy tops. I even got out there after a couple of beers...

Here is photographic proof of a rather interesting evening:


Ben & Ingrid, debonnaire at the bar, AKA "VIP section"


Ben, Ingrid, me w/very unhip mail-pouch-sized purse, Anna, and Maria Luisa


Shakin' the Booty Train...


It's all fun & games till somebody loses an eye...



Ben & Ingrid again...


I shouldn't include this b/c it shows every facial imperfection & wrinkle on our faces, but here's Anna & me.


And my favorite picture... Ben at the end of the night.

We actually ended the evening stuffing our faces with Diego's tacos, which were absolutely delicious.

With that, I should sign off for the evening...
Adios.

No comments: