Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My Thrilling Day Sans Photos

Today was royally dull... but I'm going to tell you about it anyway.

First I went Arabic class, then I met with my Islamic Studies professor to discuss this really interesting article from the October issue of the Atlantic Monthly that Miguel sent to me a couple weeks ago in the mail. It mentions a number of well-known scholars in the field of Islamic Studies and how they've been called upon to defend or present testimony against suspected Islamic extremists in the US. Anyway, it's a great read if you're interested at all in Middle Eastern issues...

Then, lest I get too brainy, I dumbed myself down with a pedicure to shape up my formerly gnarly feet. They look so much better now although I'm not crazy about the color I chose because it reminds me too much of cotton candy when I look at my toes (oh, that rhymes!!)... I was going to include a picture of the color, but the "add photos" button isn't working tonight for whatever reason. So just picture in your mind "A Dozen Rosas" from the OPI nail polish company's Mexican Collection (or click here). Yes, it is in fact a bit garish.

After my foot treatment, I rode my bike over to the rec center, where I swam in UA's heated outdoor pool. I'm pretty psyched because I timed myself on the mile again and did it in 33 minutes flat.

I've spent the rest of the day making Trader Joe's pad thai with tofu, reading, fucking around, watching Madonna on Oprah (with her super weird half British, half American accent she's acquired), and then watching the end of "Dancing With the Stars" and "Lost" over at Jordy's apartment.

I'm so sad Jerry Springer got voted off DWTS! I even voted for him yesterday! However, this was, perhaps, a jinx, as I voted for Willa Ford last time, and she was voted off the next night. OK, that's it... I'm not voting anymore. Plus, my two favorites (Willa and Jerry) are off the show now. Mario Lopez might be hot, but he's so cheesy, and Joey Lawrence is just way too Daddy Warbucks-esque. So I guess that leaves Emmitt Smith. OK, I guess I'll root for Emmitt now, but I just won't vote.

Must go do some work now... sionara.

No comments: