Friday, October 27, 2006

Just Call Me Fern

I had a very frightful experience today. Although Halloween is coming up, I wasn't expecting to actually scare myself... but somehow I did just that and with little effort.

I was washing my hands in the student rec center bathroom, when I made the mistake of looking at myself in the mirror. The combination of no make-up, hideously grotesque florescent lighting that seemed to highlight my grey hairs, and a certain look on my face suddenly turned me into my grandmother. Honestly, I saw her. It was only a fleeting glimpse, but I transformed into my deceased 88-year old Mumsy Fern.

Truthfully, this isn't the first time I've seen it. In fact, I have a tendency to turn into her every now and then. For instance, I found this picture of me in NYC in 2005, and I was also shocked to see that I had become my grandmother...


I'm not kidding when I tell you this is exactly what she looked like.

So I'm going to go smoke some crack right now. Maybe that will make me feel better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least your grandmother did not have a beard - which I have lately discovered seems to be the only thing I gentically inherited from her, god rest her soul.

Chickytava said...

bwaaaahahhahaha!!!! Yes, she did!!