Friday, October 06, 2006

The Old Lady 'Do

Just a brief note to say that I just returned from a haircut. I go to Jim at Cost Cutters, which costs me exactly $12.95, not including tip. You might think this is a dangerous move on my part, and I would probably concur in any normal circumstance, but Jim is really an excellent stylist, referred to me by my economics professor last year, who had the cutest haircut.

Despite Jim's affordable coiffure talents, I really hate that he insists on blow-drying and curling my hair with a round brush after a cut. First of all, my hair is like two inches long all over right now and doesn't need to be blow dried. Secondly, I have very thick hair that responds aggressively to blow drying and brushing (think mushroom effect).

The end result is not pretty. In fact, right now I look exactly like freaking Estelle Getty on Golden Girls...


I think it's time to go get a beer...

No comments: